By Steven E. Weinberger MD MACP FRCP, Barbara A. Cockrill MD, Jess Mandel MD FACP
Principles of Pulmonary Medicine is helping you master the rules of pulmonary drugs with no being crushed! This concise, easy-to-read scientific reference book correlates simple technological know-how ideas with the radiologic, pathologic, and scientific points of breathing illness to supply an integrated, available approach to the learn of pulmonary medicine.
- Focus at the medical features and treatment of particular pulmonary and respiration illnesses, and understand the anatomy, body structure, and pathophysiology appropriate to significant pulmonary disorders.
- Apply the cloth to real-life practice with case-based pulmonology questions covering themes together with pulmonary functionality exams, physiologic info, and result of arterial blood gasoline testing.
- Learn the newest diagnostic and healing strategies with up-to-date insurance of diagnostic modalities utilized in pulmonary sickness, in addition to administration of bronchial asthma, lung melanoma, breathing failure, pulmonary high blood pressure, and different pulmonary diseases.
- Visually clutch tricky concepts with top quality photos of the lung that supplement discussions of particular diseases.
- Efficiently assessment severe details in pulmonary medicine by way of skimming margin notes through the text.
- Practice your knowledge with 2 hundred case-based, self-assessment questions and observe pulmonology ideas to real-life perform.
- Access the whole contents on-line at specialist Consult, together with NEW exact writer audio bankruptcy lectures, videos, questions, extra audio recordings of lung sounds, supplemental photographs, and more.
Your buy entitles you to entry the website till the subsequent version is released, or until eventually the present variation isn't any longer provided on the market by way of Elsevier, whichever happens first. If the following variation is released under twelve months after your buy, you may be entitled to on-line entry for twelve months out of your date of buy. Elsevier reserves the proper to supply an appropriate substitute product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) may still entry to the website be discontinued.
Read or Download Principles of Pulmonary Medicine. Expert Consult - Online and Print PDF
Best pulmonary & thoracic medicine books
Huge, immense earnings were made in me pathophysiologic knowing and remedy of pulmonary high blood pressure, relatively over the last decade. Pulmonary high blood pressure goals to supply a present, accomplished, and clinically suitable point of view on those profits, with contributions from entire specialists.
Rules of Pulmonary medication is helping you grasp the principles of pulmonary medication with out being crushed! This concise, easy-to-read scientific reference booklet correlates easy technology rules with the radiologic, pathologic, and scientific points of respiration sickness to supply an built-in, available method of the research of pulmonary drugs.
The booklet is wonderfully illustrated with up to date radiographs, 64-MDCT CT scans, and multiplanar CT, CTangiographic and a few MR and 3-D imaging. greater than 1,500 fine quality photos make the interpreting effortless and delightful. The captions are concise and critical. The textual content is exceptional and easy.
Established round the curriculum for expert trainees in respiration drugs and designed for these getting ready for go out tests, this e-book comprises forty four well-structured, peer-reviewed circumstances accrued from the Oxford Hospitals, comprehensively protecting a number of the problems of the respiration approach. New advancements in scientific education at junior and registrar degrees have created a necessity for a suite of situations which permit self-assessment, directed at post-graduates.
- The Psychosomatic Assessment: Strategies to Improve Clinical Practice
- System Operation, Volume Volume L, Third Edition
- Sleep Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide to Its Development, Clinical Milestones, and Advances in Treatment
- Handbook of Blood Gas/Acid–Base Interpretation
- Achieving Respiratory Health Equality: A United States Perspective
Additional info for Principles of Pulmonary Medicine. Expert Consult - Online and Print
A biopsy specimen of the parietal pleural Tracheobronchial secretions are provided by: 1. Expectorated sputum 2. Transtracheal aspiration 3. Flexible bronchoscopy Lung biopsy specimens can be obtained by: 1. Flexible bronchoscopy 2. Percutaneous needle aspiration or biopsy 3. Video-assisted thoracic surgery 4. Open surgical procedure 50 n Principles of Pulmonary Medicine surface (the tissue layer lining the pleural space) also may be obtained either blindly, with a special needle passed through the chest wall, or under direct visualization using a thoracoscope.
This contrast allows the examiner to detect areas with something other than air-containing lung beneath the chest wall, such as fluid in the pleural space (pleural effusion) or airless (consolidated) lung, each of which sounds dull to percussion. At the other extreme, air in the pleural space (pneumothorax) or a hyperinflated lung (as in emphysema) may produce a hyperresonant or more “hollow” sound, approaching what the examiner hears when percussing over a hollow viscus such as the stomach. Additionally, the examiner can locate the approximate position of the diaphragm by a change in the quality of the percussed note, from resonant to dull, toward the bottom of the lung.
Identification of mycobacteria, the causative agent for tuberculosis, requires special staining and culturing techniques. Mycobacteria are stained by agents such as carbolfuchsin or auramine-rhodamine, and the organisms are almost unique in their ability to retain the stain after acid is added. Hence, the expression acid-fast bacilli is used commonly when referring to mycobacteria. Frequently used staining methods are the Ziehl-Neelsen stain or a modification called the Kinyoun stain. A more sensitive and faster way to detect mycobacteria involves use of a fluorescent dye such as auraminerhodamine.